Real estate is something Leann started appreciating at an early age. “I grew up in a small Texas community where there was a lot of open land. I have always loved how the land provides something — whether it was feeding a community or being transformed into something else.”
Leann is a Shareholder of Wilson Cribbs + Goren and has devoted her entire professional career to real estate. Most of her time is spent on transactions for the acquisition, leasing and disposition of commercial properties throughout Texas. Leann is certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is listed as a Texas Rising Stars Super Lawyer in 2018 and 2019 by Texas Super Lawyers magazine.
What originally drew Leann to the firm in 2007 was its focus on commercial real estate and its reputation for taking a practical, business-minded approach to the practice of law.
Beyond being a leader in her field, Leann understands that her client’s business objectives must remain in focus at all times. She is well-organized and has a knack for managing complex transactions to conclusion in a calm and precise manner.
Despite her steadfast commitment to her clients, Leann never loses sight of the deal at hand. She knows that being a strong advocate doesn’t mean there’s no room for collaboration. “My grandmother used to say, ‘Don’t take your half out of the middle.’ I think there can be a creative, common-sense approach to mitigating risk and dealing with different personalities without having to be overly adversarial.”
Leann predicts that as time and technology progress, clients will require more from an attorney than simply drafting documents. “They will need someone who can not only spot issues but solve the problem and create real value for their project. That’s what we do now and will continue to do in the future.”
She earned her BS from Texas A&M University in 2003 and her JD from South Texas College of Law in 2007. Leann has three young sons and lives in The Woodlands, Texas.
- Real Estate Transactions
- B.S., Agribusiness, Texas A&M University, 2003
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2007
- South Texas Law Review
+Certifications and Licenses
- State Bar of Texas, 2007
- Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Houston Bar Association
- Real Estate Law Section
- Board Certified: Commercial Real Estate Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Special Events Committee Chair, 2011-2012
- Association of Commercial Real Estate Professionals (ACRP)
- ULI (Urban Land Institute), Young Leader
- "Bankruptcy Considerations, Tenant Leases, and the Covid Texas Market," CCIM Gulf Coast Chapter, Gulf Coast Chapter of the Risk Management Association, 2020
- "Facilities Management - Tenant Landlord Relationships," Association of Corporate Counsel 2020 Symposium
- “Title Commitments,” Banker’s Boot camp, Gulf Coast Chapter of the Risk Management Association
- Recognized in Real Estate, The Best Lawyers in America© (Woodward/White, Inc.), 2021, 2022
- "Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Houston, TX” Selected to Super Lawyers® (Thomson Reuters), Real Estate, Rising Stars, (Houston, TX) 2018 - 2021