Brian Kilpatrick is a Shareholder of Wilson Cribbs + Goren who assists clients with real estate, business and bankruptcy litigation. He’s been practicing law for more than a decade and joined the firm in 2015 to work with attorneys who share his passion for real estate law.
Brian’s background in real estate goes back much farther than his time with the firm. Both his father and brother are in the real estate business, and he worked as a commercial real estate broker while attending law school in the evening.
In addition to the unique skill set that Brian developed through his experience on the business side of commercial real estate, his clients benefit from his impassioned advocacy and ability to come up with creative solutions. He has been included in the list of Super Lawyers® Rising Stars for Houston since 2016 and was named to the Texas Verdicts Hall of Fame in 2012 and 2014.
Brian’s work in courtrooms, offices and conference rooms has benefits outside the walls of courthouses and office buildings. “It’s highly rewarding to see new buildings go up that wouldn’t be there had I not resolved my clients’ legal issues,” he says.
Brian obtained his B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin in 2003 and his J.D. from the South Texas College of Law in 2009.
- Business Litigation
B.A. University of Texas at Austin (2003)
J.D., South Texas College of Law (2009)
- State Bar of Texas
- Real Estate
- Houston Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Real Estate Law Section
- HON. ARTHUR L. MOLLER/DAVID B. FOLTZ, JR. AMERICAN INN OF COURT (2009 – present)
- Executive Committee (2012 – 2013).
- Houston Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers (2009 – Present)
- The Briar Club, Legal/House Committee Member (2019)
- Richwood Place Civic Association
- Vice President (2011–2012)
- Deed Restriction Committee Chair (2011–present)
- Capital Improvements Program Committee Member (2011–present)
- Trees for Houston
- Collection of Federal Judgments & Sanctions Awards May 2010, Speaker at CLE presentation in the courtroom of the Honorable Jeff Bohm, United States Bankruptcy Judge.
- Pre-Payment Penalties in Bankruptcy May 2011, Speaker at CLE Presentation.
- Commerce, The Rule of Law, and The Rise of Creditors' Rights in Early America, Speaker at CLE Presentation April 2012.
- Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course, Authored State Bar of Texas CLE materials.
- "Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Houston, TX” Selected to Super Lawyers® (Thomson Reuters), Rising Stars, (Houston, TX) 2016 - 2019
- Texas Verdicts Hall of Fame, Honoree (2012 and 2014)
- Texas Top 100 Verdicts, Honoree (2012)