Anthony Marré understands the risk his real estate clients face and, by putting himself in their shoes, is motivated by finding solutions to the challenges that keep them up at night. Having attended business school before going to law school and devoting his career to real estate, he understands his clients’ business goals and sees his role as not only managing risk, but being a catalyst for their transactions.
Anthony sees himself not just as a part of his client’s team, but a part of their company and invested in their success. When it comes to real estate deals, clients appreciate the skills he has honed from having worked with clients on both sides of the closing table. His experience in negotiating with some of the largest industrial companies in the industry, coupled with his ability to develop creative and personalized solutions to complex business problems, adds value for his clients.
As a native Houstonian, Anthony fully understands the competitive and rapidly evolving real estate landscape in Texas, and clients are well served by his intimate knowledge of the risks inherent in the industry.
Anthony’s commitment to his clients goes well beyond expectations. For example, the firm has incubated several start-up real estate companies in the law firm's building.
His clients include real estate developers; lending institutions; landlords and tenants in lease transactions and in commercial, industrial and residential transactions. Anthony assists clients in the areas of acquisition, financing, construction, development, leasing, unimproved land, apartments, condominiums, office buildings, shopping centers, warehouses, industrial developments and multi-unit projects. He is board-certified in commercial real estate law by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of Texas.
As Wilson Cribbs + Goren’s Managing Shareholder, Anthony also helps the firm’s founders provide strategic leadership and direction. He also oversees client development, attorney recruitment and community initiatives. Under his leadership, the firm’s client-first culture and singular focus on real estate continue to flourish.
- Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Finance
- Land Use
- B.B.A., Mays Business School, Texas A&M University
- Certificate in International Business
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center
- Submissions Editor, Houston Business and Tax Law Journal
- State Bar of Texas
- Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Houston Bar Association
- Real Estate Section
- Board Certified: Commercial Real Estate Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- ULI (Urban Land Institute), Young Leader
- "Platting – What You Need to Know / Tips for Dealings between Local Governments and Landowners," Legal Issues for Texas Professional Land Surveyors, Halfmoon, February 2008 (Reid Wilson, co-presenter)
- "Platting – What You Need to Know / Tips for Dealings between Local Governments and Landowners," Plat and Subdivision Law Seminar, Lorman Education Services, August 2008 (Reid Wilson, co-presenter)
- "Platting 101," The Development Approval Process Seminar, Lorman Education Services, November 2008
- "Tips for Dealings between Local Governments and Landowners," Land Use Law: Current Issues in Subdivision, Annexation & Zoning, NBI, Inc., January 2009
- "Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Houston, TX” Selected to Super Lawyers® (Thomson Reuters), Real Estate, Rising Stars, (Houston, TX) 2010, 2017 - 2019